11/11/2010

November 11, a memorable day for literature

November 11th is a memorable day for literature... Some of the greatest writers were born on this day:

"Well, I've worried some about, you know, why write books ... why are we teaching people to write books when presidents and senators do not read them, and generals do not read them. And it's been the university experience that taught me that there is a very good reason, that you catch people before they become generals... and presidents and so forth and you poison their minds with ... humanity, and however you want to poison their minds, it's presumably to encourage them to make a better world." Kurt Vonnegut

"I think the devil doesn't exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness." Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Don't classify me, read me. I'm a writer, not a genre." Carlos Fuentes

No comments:

Post a Comment